Search This Blog

Appetizers anyone can make

Appetizers anyone can make
Figs stuffed with parmesan and wrapped in bacon

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Slow Cooked Beef Potroast 7 bone roast



Beef Pot roast 7 bone roast


   Ok, this one is super easy.  This I must give credit to my mother in law.  With a few addition of vegetable and wine, it's very good.  I am proud to say that I even got a vegetarian to eat some it smelled so good while cooking.  I sent it home with an employee I used to have that Did eat meat, and his girlfriend just had to try some.


Very Few Ingredients:
3-5 lb. Beef 7 bone pot roast-(a very inexpensive cut of meat)
1 cup of carrots
1 cup of onion (I used sweet, my favorite)
1 1/2 cups Cabernet Sauvignon wine (I use cheap wine here, as it's just to flavor, seriously 2.00 per bottle)
1 regular size packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix (shown in picture is the larger size)

Wash the roast, and cover it in the soup mix, top and bottom.  Sprinkle the carrots and onions around it.  Pour the wine in around the edges.  Seal tight with aluminum foil.  Bake at 275 degrees F for 2 1/2 hours-3 hours.  Do nothing in this time with it, it's fine, and will turn out great.

I don't eat the vegetables, you can, but they have
                                                                                already given their all, and aren't that good at this point.

Let Rest 10 minutes and serve.

I've given this recipe to bachelors, who said they couldn't cook, and it was such a success.  

No comments:

Post a Comment