Search This Blog

Appetizers anyone can make

Appetizers anyone can make
Figs stuffed with parmesan and wrapped in bacon

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rosemary Bon Sai and how to grow your own Rosemary for years


Rosemary Bon Sai and how to grow your own Rosemary for years

  This is the Fountain in my back yard, my husband and I built it from rocks we found, all but 1 flat one we purchased.  The large Bon Sai tree on the bottom right is Rosemary.  I've been growing my own rosemary for over 8 years now.  To do so, snip off some branches or twigs, wash very well.  Then cut the shoots from the stem off to form their own single stem, so to speak.  Place on a clean towel on a baking sheet, and let air dry for a few days.  You can cover them if you want, I leave to air dry.  When dry, they are now easy to remove the rosemary leaves from it's stem as it is just one easy length.  Then I store them in old washed out spice jars.  When ready for a new bottle, I take the leaves and process through a coffee grinder I use for spices.  If you can, I highly recommend getting a coffee bean grinder for spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment